Tuesday 25 November 2008

Further birthday fun....

Along with just about everyone else, the Caked Crusader’s Brother (CCB) went for a cake theme for my birthday gift. Quite why everyone thinks I’m obsessed with cake is beyond me....ahem.


These cute little cakes are actually towels and flannels from Japan. Each is patterned and rolled to resemble a cake and topped with fruit which are magnets.

Chocolate cake anyone?


Or perhaps you’d prefer some strawberry swiss roll?


Or maybe some gateau?


Here’s a little something I couldn’t resist buying; a Richard Armitage magnet. This shows him as Sir Guy of Gisborne in Robin Hood but you may have lusted over him as John Thornton in North and South or Lucas North in Spooks. Or – like me – anything he’s in!


Richard Armitage or cake? Which is best? On the one hand I’ve enjoyed the many dramas Richard Armitage has starred in, but I also like cake. Both are good. There’s only one way to settle this.....FIGHT!!!!!!!!! (OK, that won’t mean anything to you unless you’re a TV Burp fan)

13 comments:

April said...

Surely the obvious answer is Richard Armitage IN cake!

April xx

trash said...

My 7 y.o. boy is (as we speak) wrestling with his sister to settle this. Not quite sure who is cake and who is R.A. but they are funny!



(word verification - recide. Is this when you make a decision again and reach the same conclusion?)

trash said...

Obviously not cake. Cake is never funny. Cake should only ever be taken seriously and with lots of cream and hot fudge sauce.

Richard Armitage on the other hand is funny. I have seen the Vicar of Dibley.

The Caked Crusader said...

Hi Trashalou

Please let me know who won...this is an important issue and I think we will all benefit from some clarity. As long as cake wins. And Richard Armitage doesn't lose.

The Caked Crusader

Beth (jamandcream) said...

I have bought some of these for Crimbo pressies!!!

Rosie said...

They are really lovely C.C. and like you say very cute.

osie x

glamah16 said...

Now that is just the cutest gift ecer!

alicesg said...

Oooo, at first I thought they are mini cakes. Very creative and lovely.

Cakelaw said...

These are just the cutest towels ever! Regarding your question, you could have both, just like CCM's David Tennant cake!

BTW, I have nominated you to bake bread (as a diversion from cake!) for the Worldwide Blogger Bakeoff:

http://kitchenlaw.blogspot.com/2008/11/worldwide-blogger-bake-off-guatemalan.html

Hope you can participate.

anudivya said...

They do look like real cakes. How cute!

Maomie said...

Hi there, very lovely cakes you have!! I love the colours and designs.

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I really liked those pressies! So clever, they must have made you smile!

Maggie said...

What cute presents - you will be the envy of all cake lovers!