Sunday 1 June 2008

What the Caked Crusader chose to bake to this week (31 May 2008)

I’ve put all my favourite Eels tracks into one folder on my MP3 player. This means I am guaranteed about 3 hours of fantastic music whenever I listen to it.

Eels are one of the artists I will always name when someone asks me what music I like. Partly this is because they’re great – fantastic music and cracking lyrics, but mostly it’s because they’re one of the only ‘current’ acts that I like. And yes, I realise that calling them “acts” makes me sound about 80 years old – but it could have been worse, I could’ve called them “turns”.

I love Eels because they do misery so perfectly – intelligently with a big chunk of dark humour, just the way it should be. Mr Tengu (my constant blogging companion) loves them too and goes bonkers whenever he hears their music; there’s no other band he reacts to in such a way.

No comments: