Sunday 14 December 2008

I’ve been tagged...

.....by Maria who has a site called The Gourmet Challenge.

Apparently the rules of tagging are as follows:

1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on the blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up

OK, so 6 random facts. Here goes:

1. I am the proud guardian (note: guardian, not owner) of two goldfish – a Red Cap Oranda called Philip and a Chinese Fan-tail Moor called Marlowe. Marlowe was recently constipated to the point of being near death (it’s more serious for goldfish than people) and I learned that peas are a fish laxative. Marlowe is now fine!

2. The names of my fish are a big clue as to one of my non-cake based obsessions. My favourite Philip Marlowe lines, which I’d like to have the guts to use when people start telling me a boring story, are “skim it, I only want the cream” and “shake it up and pour it, I haven’t got all day”. I love his hat too. And everything else about him....sigh.

3. I am a lifetime member of the British Hedgehog Preservation Society.

4. My favourite novel is either Catch 22 or 1984 – I’m undecided. But it’s odd that they both have numbers in the title.

5. I have no self control where lychees are concerned. I can eat them till I’m almost ill.

6. I love the “World’s Strongest Man” competition and have watched it on TV every Christmas since it was televised. It just seems so much effort for such futility and for that reason, it is to be admired. Curses, by setting up the link, I've spoiled it for myself and seen who wins this year (it's not shown live). If you're a fan do not click on the link. Repeat, step away from the link.

So, now I must pass the baton over to 6 worthy others. I pick:

Jessie of Cakespy
Trashalou of Trashcan
Beth of Jam and Clotted Cream
Sam of Antics of a Cycling Cook
Katie of Apple & Spice
Emily of Sugar Plum

7 comments:

trash said...

Oo! Thanks for the tag ;-)

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

You know if you eat too many lychees you can become drunk. There is a small amount of alcohol in each, granted you would have to eat your own body weight in lychees, but you've now been warned!

Great post!

Emily said...

You are an interesting person! Those are some really random things about you.

I did this one a while back, but I might have to try it again.

Sam said...

Thanks for the tag, I'll get thinking!

Beth (jamandcream) said...

I'll get thinking. Thanks for the tag

Katie said...

Thanks for the tag. I agree with you that hedgehogs are gorgeous and much under considered animals.

Maria said...

Fun tag!