Sunday 7 December 2008

I want one of these...please santa, I've been good!

Anyone wondering what I’d like for Christmas, wonder no more. This week I was lucky enough to have lunch at Marcus Wareing at the Berkeley Hotel and it was simply the best meal I’ve ever had in my life! I’ve mentioned Marcus Wareing before – he’s the man responsible for the best custard tart in the world. I’ve featured it twice on my site: once here, and then here. I think it’s probably my family’s favourite thing that I’ve made.

One of the many highlights was this – I’ve named it the truffle truck. Apologies for the poor quality photo, I took it on my mobile phone:


When you have your post lunch tea or coffee, a very nice lady wheels over the truffle truck and tries to tempt you into eating lots of chocolate. As you can imagine, it wasn’t the toughest task! I had a praline truffle, a crème de cassis truffle and a sea salt and caramel truffle. Each was more exquisite than the one before.

As we were leaving, we were given a little bag of truffles to take home. I hope that you’re impressed that I resisted eating these long enough to get a photo!

3 comments:

April said...

wow!!!! I'm drooling over the keyboard now...

April xx

Maggie said...

Very, very, lucky you!!!
How I would love to have a very nice lady, wheel over a truffle truck in my direction!

Libby said...

Oh wow. I remember the truffle truck (we were there for dinner in 6/08). They were SO yummy. Had to find room for them, lolol!