Sunday 24 August 2008

Introduction to this week’s posts - CakeFest II: This time it’s personal

Five new posts this week (including this one!)

Summer has been a wash out this year. Luckily, there is one thing that never disappoints and even the weather can’t spoil it: CakeFest. For those of you who missed the inaugural CakeFest back in April you can read about it here. To summarise: it is a weekend long celebration of baking and cake, culminating in a tea party on Sunday. It has few rules but one is that nothing must be eaten on Sunday other than cake (cream and jam is acceptable as long as attached to cake when eaten).

CakeFest went a upmarket this time; since their newfound celebrity due to frequent mentions on this site, The CCM and CCD (Caked Crusader’s Ma and Caked Crusader’s Da) won’t go anywhere unless goody bags are on offer. Here’s what lured them:


The CakeFest table is a joy to behold and this photo alone will cheer me in low moments:


Just like last time, Betty Boop held the menu board. You can see that I, The Caked Crusader, and my trusty sidekick, The Boy Wonder, have been busy:


So, let's have a look at the fine fare that was on offer:


The recipe for the custard tart can be found here


The recipe for the mini pavlovas can be found here


The recipe for the dainty cupcakes can be found here


The recipe for the double chocolate cookies can be found here


The recipe for the scones can be found here


The recipe for the buttercream sponge can be found here


Hopefully this will inspire you to hold your own CakeFests. Only then will appreciate the happiness that such a day can bring!

13 comments:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

I am in awe and wonderstruck...what a lovely post with cupcakes, cake fest et al..thanks for sharing crusader, you truly are !

glamah16 said...

You were busy. Great idea. One day I will dare to accomplish such a feat.

Patty O. said...

Wow, you know if everyone in the world participated in a Cake Fest, imagine what that would bring. World peace and good will, I should say. I mean how could anyone be unhappy or evil enough to start a war once having participated in such a joyful event?

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I'll have a slice of that buttercream sponge and one of those pavlovas please!
I am now bowing down to your amazingness :)

Cakespy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am catching the next flight! Be sure to save leftovers!!! This sounds like my kind of celebration! Wish you could have been at my little cakefest too. One day....

trash said...

Mmmmm!!! We went shopping at Hotel Chocolat this weekend. My small girl hasn't stopped smiling yet! A dark chocloate minty smile at that ;-)

Should have taken pictures b/c we have a had a mini cakefest this morning - two types of scone, mini cupcakes and uber-yummy choc chip biscuits (but ours were only one kind of chocolate)- while we planned our Grand Trip Home at Christmas with friends.

Gloria Baker said...

I posted under in Paulovas! but I want to say you all look wonderful!!! (Love your scones! xGloria

Emily said...

What a feast! I think it all looks lovely.
The custard tart in particular...

Swati said...

Wow!! This is an amazing accomplishment!! Totally irresistable!!

bella said...

your table looks very yummy,i love custard tarts and yours looks very delicious ,what a great job!

Rosie said...

Oh boy I think I'm in heaven viewing all those wonderful bakes C.C.

Rosie x

Y said...

Eat nothing but cake?? MMmm.. I'll celebrate that! :)

Cakelaw said...

Everything looks devine, but that custard tart has my heart (yep, I empathise with Lionel from As Time Goes By on this one). I printed out the recipe an age ago and still haven't gotten around to making it - it's on the list when I get back from holidays.